Friday 12 March 2010

Memory

3.42pm

Today wasn't exactly a good day for us. All the effort and time we'd invested into our tree fort was undone, all in a few swift kicks and punches. Year 5s smashed it to pieces. Again.

What I often wonder is if they've got anything better to do with their time, you know? I truly loved that fort, tried my best to protect it. Just looking at something after you've finished it...the moment you become proud makes the entire building process worthwhile.

I guess the Year 5s don't understand pride, or the joy of creation. I find that a bit weird seeing as they're 2 years older than me. Their entire ideology and way of life seems alien to mine. I'm not sure whether I'll ever understand just smashing something that belongs to someone else. I know I don't own the tree, but the idea was ours. We would have enjoyed sitting in that branchy alcove on a nice day like today.

The sun shining on a backdrop of blue, not a cloud in sight.

8.31pm

It's starting to get cold out here in my garden. Just lying on the grass staring up above has become a favourite pastime of mine recently, especially before bed.

The stars are plentiful in number. Probably because there were very few clouds today. I mean, fluffy clouds look really nice when the weather is good for it, but I'm always glad when the stars and space can be viewed easily.

This would be a lot better if my eyes worked properly - my glasses got smashed today, in the now infamous-amongst-Year 3 'Tree Fort Scuffle'. Mum wasn't too happy about that, but I told her the lenses died for a good cause.

All I can see is a gigantic black void with blurry gems here and there. Must be hundreds of them. I wonder what constellations and famous stars I'm bearing witness to right now, without even realising it.

Good eyes or bad eyes, you can't deny the beauty of the sky right now.

No comments: